Casa Corti (former Parish House)
The house stands in the center of the village, facing the public library.
It was first mentioned in 1567 as the residence of the parish priest and was once equipped with a bell tower.
Its original structure can be deduced from the shape and size of the fresco that decorates the southeastern façade.
The fresco is divided into two sections by a straight frame.
In the larger right-hand section, the remaining traces still show the Madonna of Mercy.
The Virgin, under her mantle, shelters a group of kneeling figures, dressed in white hooded robes.
The subject is explained by the inscription on the left, which reads:
MILLIXIMO / QUADRAGENT / TISIMO.QUINQUA / GESIMO.SECUNDO/DIE.SECUNDO.DECEM(BRIS) /. HOC. OP(US) FECERUNT FIERI. DISPL / De. HONO p.(arochia) ECCLESIARUM SANCTO / RUM.GEORIJ ET FIDELIS.
The text is of great importance, as it provides the date of execution — December 2, 1452 — and identifies the commissioners, the Confraternity of the Disciplinati (Flagellants) of Onno, which at that time belonged to the parish of Saints George and Fedele.
The kneeling figures therefore represent members of this religious brotherhood.
The stylistic features of the fresco correspond to those of the Crucifixion fresco removed from this site in 1938, now placed in the apse of the nearby parish church of St. Peter, and to those on the north wall of St. Anne’s Church, the other church in the village.
These shared characteristics have made it possible to date the entire cycle and to attribute it to the workshop of the Seregnesi, particularly to Cristoforo da Seregno.
In the center of Onno, in front of the public library, stands this house, first mentioned in 1567 as the residence of the parish priest.
Originally, it had a small bell tower and was smaller in size, as can be inferred from the proportions of the fresco adorning the southeast façade.
The fresco is divided into two sections by a decorative frame.
On the right, one can see the remains of the Madonna della Misericordia: the Virgin opens her cloak to shelter praying figures dressed in white robes.
On the left is a Latin inscription indicating the date of execution — December 2, 1452 — and the name of the commissioner: the Confraternity of the Disciplinants of Onno, which at that time belonged to the parish of Saints George and Fedele.
The kneeling figures depicted represent the very members of this confraternity.
The style of the fresco recalls the Crucifixion now preserved in the Church of Saint Peter and the frescoes in the Church of Saint Anne.
For this reason, the painting is attributed to the Seregnesi workshop, most likely to Cristoforo da Seregno, active in the fifteenth century.

